1st post in a looooong time!

Hey everyone! It’s been forever since I have blogged and wanted to share my recent artwork. As I get older I feel the need to leave something behind, some kind of evidence of who I am and what I do.

I was born in 1971 on an American military base in Torrejon, Spain. My Dad an aircraft mechanic and my Mom worked in banking. As a young child would get drawing kits for Christmas. I got an etch-a-sketch and probably didn’t put it down for 6 months!

In high school I got in to drafting and thought that was going to be my future. I loved mechanical drawing! The pencils, eraser shields, the precision. I ended up at the top of my class for 3 years in advanced drafting/architecture. Our school had 15 CAD computers which was unheard of in 1989!

I moved to Arizona in 1991. I came out to visit AAI for the drafting program and ended up signing up for a new program they had called Commerical Art. I earned my Associates degree in advertising design. Right out of school I got a job working for the yellow pages. It was everything I wanted...I had to wear a tie and dress up everyday, I had a work badge, it was cool!

Comments